Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Spotlight on XU Talent

The Feeling You Get on a Boat in the Middle of Nowhere-Wayne Borders

No land in sight

I’m surprised to know

I’ve made it this far without

Going completely mad or dying.

My mind may be intact,

But my soul is empty.

I have only enough food for stomach.

I felt like dying days ago.

That feeling remains, but

I somehow have made it

For days upon many days

The worse part about my trip from

Beginning, across Nowhere, to End

is the loneliness.

I remain alone.

Sun, blazing upon me bringing dizziness,

I beg you to take my life

as I’ve for days.

I won’t die; it’s as if there is hope.



I was His – Raya Llorens

I Dreamed I was his

And he wanted me.

I dreamed of strong hands

On bare shoulders ,

Skin of oil and dove.

I dreamed of envious eyes

Staring with hatred,

Myself conceited with security.

I was his

And he wanted me.

I dreamed of pink roses,

Of sky tall sunflowers

Laid at my feet

I dreamed of delicate whispers

Of truth and complexity

of meaningful eyes

That yearned only for me

I dreamed I was his

And he wanted me.

No comments:

Post a Comment